Post by hashmel
Quite a vague statement you have there my friend.
"I did a raid, something hit me, it hurt, what was it and how can I prevent it."
First thing I notice is the spec and glyphs.0/53/11+8
is the very basic bear build.
- OoC is taken as it procs off both autoattacks and mauls and is a godsend for low rage situations allowing you to maintain respectable threat generation in the absence of rage.
- ILotP is the only talent left that actually offers you more survivability and in fact grants its benefit to all physical dps
Due to the value of these two talents they're generally included in most guides' bear talent builds for 0/55/11+5
From 0/55/11+5 you have two options, KotJ or MS, KotJ offers superior utility and if enrage is used every 60~62 seconds KotJ offers more tps per point than MS.
KotJ = 0/58/11+2
the last two can go into,
- Shredding Attacks if you often go cat otherwise it's quite useless
- Brutal Impact to halve the cd of your only reliable PvE stun/interrupt (strongly recommended if using a KotJ build)
- Nurturing Instincts for increased survivability while soloing (healing ~35k with a tiny mana pool and no +healing is a pain)
MS = 0/55/16
If you're strictly running content where survivability isn't your top priority and you'd like more dps/tps then you can infact combine a KotJ and MS build into one but it will lack utility of a KotJ build, the survivability both KotJ and MS builds have via ILotP, and the consistant rage supply from OoC, a KotJ+MS build would look like so, 0/56/15
. (not recommended for any serious raiding build)
The third major glyph should be Survival Instincts for survivability or growling for specific encounters where a taunt missing is the difference between loot and a corpse run. The other two minor glyphs are preference but Challenging Roar is recommended.
Change the gem in the belt to a solid (stam) gem and the red socket in the legs to a shifting (agil/stam) gem, you'll gain 15 stam at the cost of 4 agil before talents/buffs in doing so and the chest chould get either powerful stats (+10 stats) or a heavy borean armor kit (18 stam) based on needs/preference.
Are you using your CDs effectively? Could you provide a bit more information on exactly what raid/s you were doing and more specifically what were you fighting/getting hit by so that myself and others can contribute some insight to your situation.
Post by hashmel
In Ony it's certainly Onyxia's Flame Breath or the Lair Guards' Blast Nova and Ignite Weapon.
- The Lair Guards can't cast Ignite Weapon if a Warrior/Rogue Disarms/Dismantles them or if they're killed fast enough.
- The only ways around Blast Nova are to use a CD or preferably to kill them before they cast it.
- The only way around Onyxia's Flame Breath is to use cooldowns as needed.
Fire resistance will greatly reduce the damage from all of these as well.
In ToC it could be any number of things, Gormok's Impale, the worms' fire/nature based attacks, Icehowl's butt, etc; Stack stamina and armor in here while paladins use the appropriate resistance aura as needed, it's a very healer intensive raid.