Post by Jarvaelison
Unholy PvP Build - 0/14/57Frost:Toughness
- Taken for the 15% increase in armour for mitigation durin' PvP and the 30% reduction in movement speed, also great in PvPIcy Reach
- Increased range to the 1st of our diesease appliers and our movement speed reducer, self explanatory why I got this for PvPLichborne
- It's a PvP god-send for Death Knights, our Cloak of Skills if you will. We become immune to Charm, Fear, and Sleep effectively stompin' on PvP staples for classes like the Warlock and helps us in close up fights with Warriors and Rogues. Not only that it allows us to heal ourselves with Death Coil, this is a must for Death Knight PvPAnnihilation
- Increases my crit chance with all my melee spells is a nice plus but makin' sure that all my diesease stay on the low armour targets I hit with Obliterate in place of Scourge Strike is reason 'nuff to get this nice talent
The other talent I have in the Frost tree is Improved Icy Touch
which is there for filler to get up to Lichborne. UnholyVicious Strikes
- A must-get along with Morbidity, the only 2 talents in 1st tier worth gettin' if you don't plan on tankin', increase crit and crit bonus to your staple spells are self-explanatoryMorbidity
- The other must-get in the 1st tier, Death and Decay won't be used much in PvP from my experience but the other half of this talent is good to have, 'specially with Lichborne in your aresenal the added bonus to healin' is niceEpidemic
- The added duration to our main dieseases is nice to have, keeps 'em up longer and saves us time on re-applyin' 'em. I opted into this instead of Unholy Command
because a 10 second reduction doesn't seem to fit my playstyle, also seems a bit insignificantRavenous Dead
- This I opted into instead of Virulence
because the increase in strength and added bonus to my Ghoul fits what I would prefer to have in PvP. The diesease bit of Virulence is nice to have, but I just prefer the Ghoul bonusNecrosis
- The added bonus to my normal strikes is nice to have in PvP, 'nuff saidCorpse Explosion
- This spell I'm not too fond of, I personally think it's useless but I got it for the sake of havin' itOn a Pale Horse
- Stun and fear reduction is a great talent to have for PvP, pretty much self-explanatory as to why I got this. The other half of the talent is a nice bit to have too, the added bonus to mount speed is fun to have in Battlegrounds....no more gettin' caught with your crop on! =PBlood-Caked Blade
- The added bonus to burst damage is great to have in PvP, again a must-get in this tier. I know it's a proc but it seems to have a decent rate and when it procs..../drool =PShadow of Death
- This is a given for anyone specced this far down in Unholy, if it isn't gotten you must
have some god-given reason for it. Added str and stam is nice too =PSummon Gargoyle
- 'tis a summon! But yea, 'tis a great spell. Nice place to dump your runic power for some added burst damage 'cause this thing can dish it out and can be kept up easily. 'specially with the ghoul rebirth glitch =]Impurity
- I didn't fill this tree for the same reason I didn't fill Rage of Rivendare
I think the talents are nice to have but I just didn't have the points at the end of everythin' and I didn't want to choose between the 2 which one should get more points. So I opted for evenin' it out between 'emDirge
- Increase to runic power generation, need I say more? It adds an increase to runic power generation to your staple spells, there's more =P Had to get itMagic Suppression
- Decrease in over-all magic damage, pretty much a given in PvP since it isn't limited to just one school of magic. The added bonus to Anti-Magic shell is nice too, but duration would've been a bit more welcome :DReaping
- Death Runes! Allows Unholy to drop those Blood Runes that do us absolutely no good for some versatality, pretty much a must-have but I guess it can depend on preference. I, personally, would love to have this talentMaster of Ghouls
- Depends on preference but the permanent Ghoul that you can control is great for any situation, I personally think no Unholy spec is complete without thisDesecration
- This is a mandatory talent! You need this for Unholy PvP, no arguments 'bout it. Snare and increase to damage, it's a given - get it. No questions askedAnti-Magic Zone
- Entirely a situational spell but I got it exactly for that, 'cause when those situations arise it's nice to have. Plus, it's a decent spell. I'd rather have it and not need than need it and not have it =]Unholy Aura
- The bonus to movement speed is nice to have in PvP, I got this 'cause I plan on bein' in Blood Presence instead of Unholy for the added damageNight of the Dead
- Now this I got to help reduce the cooldown on my Ghoul, personally I think my Ghoul won't last too long in arenas or battlegrounds so I got this to help reduce the cooldown, entirely on preference and biased towards battlegroundsCrypt Fever
- Pretty much a given if your deep into Unholy, you need that 3rd diesease. 'tis a good diesease on it's own and it adds that 3rd diesease to help with all your other spells =] Needed, no questionsBone Shield
- Possibly one of the best, if not the best, mitigation spell out there. Inner cooldown on the charges, 40% reduction and added damage! If you don't get this your insane, PvP or otherwise it's a must-have!Ebon Plaguebringer
- Adds some great things to that tooltip of your wonderful 3rd diesease, and makes it a superb diesease to have. Seems like a waste to not get this....but it depends on preference in PvP I s'pose even though it's PvP capabilities are quite nice =]Scourge Strike
- Unholy's strike! 'tis a given for deep Unholy builds plus it's our strike! It's the talents strike, staple, you name it. This is a given for PvP 'cause it isn't mitigated by armour eitherUnholy Blight
- This deep in Unholy with nowhere else to put the point I might as well get Unholy Blight. Situational at most but the spell is a nice add to damage =]
I haven't tried this spec out yet on my character but I was hopin' that the WoWhead community would be able to help out with some feedback on this Unholy PvP spec. Comments would be much appreciated =]
Post by Achloryn
here's my intended talent tree for lvl 80. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVhZGxxxIxbMhoV0RL
this is a DPS frost build with potential for offtanking if need be. here's why i picked these talents. (i'm still new to wowhead, so pardon the lack of linking all the talents)
Butchery - frost strikes need RP. this gives you free RP for fighting.. simple
Subversion - the increased crit chance is unreal for two of the more common blows (BS and Obliterate).. and for non-tanking roles, the decreased threat is a godsend when someone besides a DK is tanking
Bladed Armor - 5 AP per 180 armor? come on. lol. we're plate wearers.. duh! lol
2h weap specialization - i don't care for DW very much. 2h hits harder, and that translates into harder hits for things like obliterate.
Dark conviction - free 5% increased crit chance for EVERYTHING... yes please!
Death rune mastery - death runes make the world go round. more than half the time in an instance i've got all 6 runes as death runes, and it's just fun to put diseases on, pestilance, howling wind twice, THEN RP dump with frost strike.. high damage.. yessir.
Improved icy touch - yup.. this is my opening spell. it hits hard, this was a no brainer
Glacier rot - even tho IT is my opener, it usually hasn't worn off by the time my rotation is done. i'm just refreshing my frost fever, so this hits even harder.
Toughness - makes bladed armor that much better, and more armor = more survivability in almost all circumstances.
Black ice - well.. i'm frost spec.. frost dmg + 30%? lol
Icy talons - huge to help increase the dps you cause and decrease the damage taken by a tank.
Annihilation - keep those diseases on your bosses and just chunk at them with oblit! extra crit chance is nice too
Runic Power Mastery - that's a minimum of one extra frost strike when you do your RP dump. this also hits like a mother.
Killling machine - extra crits.... mmmm.. (can you tell i like crits? lol)
Chill to the grave - extra RP generation.
Rime - free howling blast? yessir
Merciless combat - good for some of the harder bosses or group quest mobs that you spend more time on. negligible on trash and solo questing.
Howling blast - great AOE damage for tank/offtank and DPSers when the tank has threat.
Blood of the north - more death runes.. i'll take 'em
Frost strike - this crit's almost as hard as a rune strike.. yeah.. bread and butter of frost build.
Guile of gorefiend - I only put 2 of 3 points in this. 30% extra damage is nothing to sneeze at, and that extra 4 seconds of IBF is huge for some harder mobs, or if you get overwhelmed. i dropped the 3rd point in favor of some of the other talents i just thought needed to be filled.
Tundra stalker - only put 4 out of 5 here, because i ran out of points >_< however 8% to anything with frost fever is very nice. This is why IT is my opener.
i'm pretty determined that this is what my build will be, but i'd like your guys' opinion. you all seem pretty knowledgeable, and i am still pretty new to the wow universe as a whole.
Post by valfader
Hey guys.. I am currently at level 74 with my death knight, and because of that I am considering end-game talent specs for tanking.
I have some experience from tanking as a warrior and druid, but the death knight class has proven to be just as valid, if not better, than the other tanking classes.
Anyways, I have come to the conclusion that I will rarely ever get a main tank role in my guild, and thus I have to focus on versatility and being able to adapt to each and every fight individually.
That being said, I suggest the following spec, which I hope to receive intelligent feedback on.
36/11/24 - Blood/Unholy Tank Spechttp://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jf0GqIhIo0RzZGx0zZcg00xfkM
What I was hoping to get from this was the ability to survive in high intencity fights that requires a lot of healing, and be able to cram my way through some level 70 instances by myself (or with my girlfriend). Most of the points are being placed where I think they will produce the most threat from each attack and ability, but I am really not certain if this is the way to go.
Valfader (74 Death Knight of Sylvanas-EU)