Post by Kramp
1. It's considered the standard pvp build but prot became really powerful once you gain access to Shield Slam ( at level 40 ).
2. You can use a 2 handed weapon as prot. Builds don't force you to use a particular kind of weapon but in the case of the warrior, each build are filled with talents that only became good if you use a specific type of weapon ( Arms habilities such as Mortal Strike and Bladestorm are at their best if used with a 2 handed and a lot of Prot talents requires a shield ).
3. That's asking a lot but I'll try to teach the basics.
As a warrior, you want to go in melee and keep your opponents in melee. So, by using Charge, get to the action.
Use Hamstring to slow them and try to always keep it on your current opponent. That will help you to keep them in melee
Apply Rend, Rend offers a damage over time effect, wich can make the difference over a long fight and provides free Overpower thanks the the Taste of Blood talent.
Overpower will be on of your main attacks. Of course, you'll use it a lot on agile targets such as rogues or hunters but also on the others with Taste of Blood.
At this level, the offensive playstyle is basicly this, keep Hamstring, keep rend, use overpower when you can.
When you need to go defensive ( you are about to die, you are stuck in a situation where you can't go offensive ). Equip a shield and switch to defensive stance. You can also activate Shield block and use revenge and demoralizing shout if you are facing a melee.
To easily equip a shield, create a macro. For more details on macro, read this
1. Enter the macro menu ( type /macro )
2. Create a new macro by choosing a name and an icon ( look for a shield icon ).
/equip "name of your shield"
/equip "name of your 1 handed weapon
/cast Defensive stance
remove to "" when you are done.
4. Put the macro on your action bar.
By pressing this macro a few times, you'll equip your shield, your 1 handed weapon and go in defensive stance without even look in your bags.
You can also create a similar macro to go back to your 2 handed
/equip "name of the 2 handed"
/cast battle stance
That's the basics of the warrior class.
You look quite new to this game so I'll say that to you now: The warrior class is hard in pvp.
It requires decent gear to became good and it's far from easy to play but it is also quite rewarding.
So, put yourself some Motley Crue
on go put some heavy metal object in the face of somebody else.