in your browser.
ArP for frost?
Return to board index
well their stat weighs r most likely based on their rotations, which rely on i believe only HB to keep up disease, rest of the time is OB + FS, BS. so basically the majority of the runes would be used to OB cuz rime procs would basically keep the disease up, most likely, therefore using alot more OBs.
ArP only affects BS - OBWhat about normal melee damage? Blood Strike + Obliterate + Melee damage can make up for more than 60% of Frost DPS. This more than likely makes ArP worth stacking. Since most of the Frost Strikes are used during Killing Machine procs, stacking crit to benefit Frost Strike isn't that valuable as stacking ArP to boost all the physical damage a Frost can do.
Anyway, I would suggest filling out sockets in gear with pure strength and stacking ArP and Crit from gear itself. Personally I would favor Crit more as well.
It's about the same issue as with Feral Druid DPS. With a heavy Crit / AP gear, bleed damage (ignores armor) goes up to 45%, leaving about 55% to direct damaging attacks (which benefit from ArP). With a heavy ArP gear, the Crit / AP stats go down and direct damaging attacks take up to 65-70% of total damage done.
In the case of Frost DPS, going heavy on AP (from Strength mainly) will boost magic damage (Frost Strike, Icy Touch + Frost Fever and Howling Blast - and all of them ignore armor) to about 45-50% of total. But with a heavy ArP gear, Obliterate + Blood Strike + Melee Swings will go up to about 60-65% of total damage done.
It's all about preference I think.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte