Post by Fyuu
Before we go into how to spend your remaining 6 points, it should probably noted that you've got some flaws in how you've spent the other 65...
- Sudden Doom
is an incredibly minimal threat modifier for Blood tanking, considering the low, specific proc pre-reqs and the fact that it requires the spell hit cap for 100% efficiency. Tanks also lack the AP and talents to make Death Coil shine.
- Same with Necrosis
, especially given you've opted out of a lot of +Crit talents.
- 3/3 Scent of Blood
is too much; you will bleed RP like crazy. Reduce this to 2/3.
- Mark of Blood
is rubbish in it's current form. It will rarely provide enough mitigation to be worth the rune CD.
- Also, not talent-related but, why the hell
are you not glyphed for Vampiric Blood
? It's mandatory, or you fail.
If you opt out of all of these, you will now have 16 points remaining (disregarding talent tier pre-reqs for now), which you should use for...
- 3/3 Improved Icy Touch
- Despite Raulnor's backwards "math", a reduction of 0.12 seconds on a 2s swing timer is one less hit to the face for every ~20 you'll normally endure. Over the course of a longer fight, this is significant. Only spec out of this if you can count on another raider to bring a similar buff. With ICC looming, mitigation is going to become king for DKs, what with us lacking shields and our Dodge about to be nerfed into the ground.
- 3/3 Subversion
- Somewhat a filler to give you access to talents in lower tiers, the +Crit bonus to your highest dmg (and hence, threat) strike is reasonable given that tanks will typically have a low crit rate to begin with. The fact that you've glyphed for Rune Strike
shows that this is of some importance to you.
- 3/3 Might of Mograine
- Same as Subversion. You glyphed for Death Strike, why wouldn't you take this?
- 5/5 Blood Gorged
- Probably the most important choice here. A lot of people will dissuade you from this talent because of the "challenge" of staying above 75% health. However, keep in mind that the 10% Armor Pen. here is not effected by this rule. Also, given effective use of CDs like Vampiric Blood
you will benefit from the dmg modifier more than you think. More dmg means more threat.
- 1/1 Hysteria
- Sort of a filler again (need another point to hit the 40pt tier threshold), but this talent for one measly point is an incredibly utility for a physical DPS class in your raid. The dmg is negligible.
- 1/1 Corpse Explosion
- Some will ask you, "WTF?" Thing is, this talent can be golden for AoE threat in trash (Blood's weakness) when you've already expended your DnD and is certainly more worthwhile than another single-target dump, like Death Coil. Take it, live it, love it.