Post by Zakkhar
You can start raiding at ilvl someone gets you to raid. I started going when i barely had 333 in every slot.
A few things:
- Gems. Never gem anything without INT on it. No pure yellows or blues, always use oranges and purples.
- Stats: For unknown reason you prefer haste over crit and mastery. Why? Crit is The stat for fire.
- Hit: best way to get hit capped is using pure hit trinket. Get yourself Anhuur's Hymnal, you can (and should) change it later for Stump of Time. Sorrowsong is bad for raiding (but nice for heroics), Witching Hourglass has a haste proc - again haste isnt your main stat as fire. As Arcane, maybe. Not as fire.
- Enchants: Enchant your gear, you miss about every possible enchant beside weapon and head.
- Glyphs: mana shield i find useless for pve. get blink in there. Mirror images kinda sucks too. You want your images to snare targets with frostbolts. Its only used as a decoy for PvP. Conjuring is way better choice.
PS: Your frost spec has a lot of ^&*! taken and lacks Ignite (fire tree). It also has arcane prime glyph. Glyph of frost nova is again, useless outside pvp.
Post by Zakkhar
And I think Hourglass is more useful for its 285 int. I'm still trying to figure out my balancing on my gear myself. Reforge the gear to hit and use Hourglass and 1 hit trinket? or do the double hit, and keep "most" of my gear clear.
I am massively reforged to hit with one hit trinket.
Its not that those stats you reforge (mastery, haste) are very useful past that 12.5% on haste.
As for haste importance.
My top 4 damage is Fireball, Living Bomb, Ignite and Pyroblast!. Fireball being prolly the biggest chunk (about 30%). Haste before the next additional DoT tick (aka 3476 haste
) is reachable affects my fireball frequency and may dip a bit into frequency of pyro! and amount of ignite.
Mastery affects Ignite, Living Bomb and dot portion of my Pyro!. That being far more than 30% of my damage. In other words, mastery is better at my current point than haste. Certainly not as useful as ~300 int and proc that you can have if you dont use double hit trinket. At least i have. Serpent is currently top dps trinket, regardless of the ilvl and colour.
Crit affects all the damage I do (beside Ignite that cant crit, but crits produce Ignite so it balances out), exact the same way Int, hit and spellpower do.
Sure 4.0.6 brought us reduction in mana cost of Fireball and makes us use Scorch only when there is movement involved or LB is about to expire in comparison to previous Scorch weaving and that increased the value of haste but how much? How much scorch we used to use? How many more fireballs we do now? Twice as much? I wouldnt say. 30% more? Maybe. So basically haste from stat that affected 22% of our total damage (22% being fb spam, 8% scorch weaving), went to a stat that affects 30% of our total damage. Its an increase, but certainly not anywhere close to crit importance, regardless of certain lobbies have been telling you.
As for 4.1 changes. All I see is Blizzard refusal to fix Ingite munching therefore they remove one of the causes. Less munching - more damage, but dots crit scaling less equals dropping mastery even lower (and loss in damage). I dont see how it may affect haste value though. Care to share with us with your thoughts?