Post by Thrakin
Been looking at different MM builds, and I need some advice.
First of all: I am NOT here to ask for info included in the stickies, such as the ArP Softcap or rotations - I need info related to MY char.
1) Assuming that I will regem / re-enchant to suit my new build, should I respec to MM from my current build? Would it be a DPS increase?
2) If I did respec, what should I gem for? ArP or AP? Stay with agi?
My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Bowj%C3%B3b
I do roughly 6-6.2k DPS in 25mans, 5-5.2k in 10mans.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Post by thehuntard
a couple suggestions.
1. Head/Shoulder enchants you should grab the Arcanum of Torment and the Greater Inscription of the Axe from hodir. The 15 hit is nice since it puts you right at the hit cap, however, my armory will prove this http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Thehuntard
, my hit rating is at 216 and I miss 1 out of ever 150-200 shots. Even if it was a crit killshot of 15k once in about 85 sec it would only be about 150 dps...and that is the absolute worst case scenario. So hit is important...but being over the hit cap or even imo right at it, is a waste of points.
2. Gemming, if you are going SV, agility agility agi...you get the point. If you have a good slot bonus ie. >+4 agi or >12AP then gem 20agi for red, 10ag/10crit yellow, and 10agi/15 stam for blues ONLY IF ITS A REALLY GOOD SOCKET BONUS! otherwise the +agi is always greater.
3. Talents. Improved stings is necessary for a build for MM, but for SV....its actually kinda worthless. Think of it, with your AP which is prolly about 8k buffed? your serp does about (8000*.2 +1210)/15 sec for about 187 dps....*1.3 thats an extra 52dps! maybe with a few other buffs and stuff you get to an extra 70dps maybe? woot for 3 whole talent points... or go for something like improved Hunters mark giving you an extra 150 ap...in just your exp shot, you get an extra minimum 25 dmg...*3 for each proc * your crit which would be (1+1.33*(insert crit)) which im guessing is atleast 65% for explosive when you get up and go. so thats 25*3*(1+1.33*.65) = 120 dmg for every explosive shot alone...not to mention the other buffs you get making it hit harder. so thats say 10 normal shots with 4 LnL procs per min giving 120*14/60. thats an extra 30 dps minimum from 1 shot.
Imp aspect of the hawk is alright with the glyph, i used to have it...but since our white dmg isnt where we shine i wouldnt really go for that unless i was MM. I chose resourscefulness giving my BA and LnL more often proc rates. Realistically...if it was up 100% of the time...which it wont be...it increases your white dps by maybe 100-120...ish that is just an estimate. So it may well be worth it but thats all in your feel.
And, some might say that putting 2 points in expose weakness and Hunting party is too much...but i ran some tests...and my crit is 45% unbuffed and both were not up 100% of the time...most of the time sure but there was a lot of issue with them and for 1 more point, ensuring their uptimes are very important so i went with it.
With all that said....6k dps 25 mans is better than most so you are definitely not hurting or need to L2P by any means. This was just some stuff i saw that you might could consider...GL and happy hunting