Post by desperat
i have ALWAYS loved to make different mage specs testing everything i could in the mage class, before i used respec 2-5 times each week just to test all the new specs i had made at wowhead, and now i have moved to 80 spec and i would like to know what you think of theese, im not a fan of cookiecutter specs so all my specs will look wierd, my favoritte spec of tbc was 33/0/28
(nvm the extra text, this is the one that seemed most like the real
anyway here is some of the specs that i think looks cool:7/43/21
- 7in arcane to have high resistance, 43 in fire for dps etc and 21 in frost for the imba cold snap that i really love50/0/21
- the natrual follow up from my old 33/0/2834/0/37
- the unnatural follow up from my old 33/0/28 XD19/52/0
- omg a spec without coldsnap :O, anyway this is my favourite fire spec that i have come up with so far0/27/44
- an cool elemental spec that have the best survivability from fire and have allot of frost talents to keep you alive while you deal damage mainly by ice lance
so what you guys think about theese? i am going to try them all anyway but i would like to hear your thoughts
Post by desperat
First of all i need to ask for what you are going to use these specs, i get a feeling all of them are for PvP. Also i cant really understand you putting away points on really useless talents here and there.
yea theese are pvp only specs, tell me what the useless talents are
Not sure if i should comment on all speccs but to start with 7/43/21. You clearly waste 7 points on nothing in the arcane tree...the five first doesnt give you anything...the 2 in the resistance gives you very little damage reduction wich might be good in PVE for some bosses but really..this is not so good that you should spend 7points on it.
mainly the 7 points in arcane is there for resisting spells, when i tried 49\22\0 in 3.0 the extra resistance were really imba, i resisted so many spells it was crasy! so unless the resist is low at 80 this is a good talent to have. unless you got a counter argument :)
On the rest, it feels like this is some kind of mix between pvp and pve specc...you use Firestarter wich might be good for PvE but i would never put any points in it since it very rarely that you need to use that much of AOE, wouldnt spend points on it anyways (maby in MH but thats over now).
they are all pvp specs, but yea this is one of the specs i am unsure about myself i just figured that if it dont pull too much mana compared to the damage it will be nice to have another instant cast that i can use when needed
Then the coldsnap doesnt really fit into this specc, this is a fire specc and when you pull your cold snap it only gives you iceblock and icy veins back wich makes you spend points you really dont need...
this is a elemental spec, its said to be one of the most fun specs to play as mage, but i haven't seen any elemental specs at 80 so i had to make my own, and cold snap does allot more than what you say, don't forget that it also removes the cooldown on frost nova and cone of cold that are spells i will use allot with this spec, with my old 33\0\28 spec i used cold snap to get just one more frost nova alot, and it saved the fight for me many times, its actually my favourite mage spell of all time :) , and who don't want to be able to use icy veins 2 times in a duel when you got the glyph ;)
If you want to go for a pve specc, use all your points to go deep into one tree, same with PvP if you arnt going for a elem or pom pyro spec. Because now you are in the middle of nowhere really.
i would not say i am in the middle of nowhere, in TBC there were about no one to use a ap frost spec, actually i have only seen myself with that spec, and it was with the 33\0\28 spec i played best
And the same with pvp speccs mostly...go full frost or dont go at all...thats my advice.
yea, they are often called cookie cutters, and i dont play cookie cutters, i want to be a little unique :\
I'll post some speccs here to give you some ideas :)http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0VczZcEcbRhIuVubhct
- This specc is pure PVE, get mana reg and some critt/dmg in arcane, go for pve talents in fire...Another option here is to skip the arcane and go to Icy Veins in frost
well... im not looking for pve specs so :\ thx for trying to help tho :)http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZfZAI0IobuIfdgfst
- Here is a deep frost pvp specc, we get alot of survivability and basically everything we need for pvp. I havnt been paying so much attention to this specc to work it out and i even have 3 points left to spend, i just want to give you an idea. What i did on 70 was to spend some points in arcane to get up to the improved silence. thats an option but its very important to get to the last talent points in frost for a good pvp specc.
yea, but i don't like the water elemental so good, i know i had water elemental in my spec as well but that's more of a test spec than a spec i will use (unless its actually good! o.O)http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZfZAI0IobuIfdgfst
- Here we go with the Arcane spec. Arcane is actually very good as both PVE and PVP, i therefore tried to make it as hybrid as possible but at the same time not loosing too much of the points that are needed for what you are up to.
it seems to be the same as your frost spec^^
and i know i should have written that its pvp specs, sry about that