Post by wOwCrUsHeR
To be more constructive: Try a build like this when you have mana issues 18/53/0
(already fixed for 3.1)Mental Agility
- reduces all instant casts by 10%, ranks also reduced to 3 in 3.1. This will be even better in 3.1 since Holy Nova and CoH have been buffed and Renew will instantly heal as well (with the talent).Desperate Prayer
- wasted talent point.Inspiration
- for you also wasted. Leave the talent to top equipped priests; i think in my guild even no priests have the talent at all.Healing Prayers
- PoM and PoH further -20% mana costSerendipity
- Will be useless for you in 3.1, since it won't give mana back anymore and increase cast speed instead - faster casting = faster oom. Also only works on PoH and Greater Heal and has to be built up with Flash/Binding Heal first.Test of Faith
- you can skip this, the MT and party members are rarely below 50% health anyway so it's useless most of the time.
Also, any freshly dinged healer (with some heroic and crafted gear ofc) can jump into 25 naxx healing. A friend and myself did a pug to get him some gear, and his 1600sp resto shaman was top heals. He's a pro resto shaman who knows how to play. However, with sarth 3D, you need the gear to put out numbers, crits on coh for surge of light, and high amounts of mana regen.
Yep exactly, you can do Naxx25 with just 2 top healers and the other healers can be pretty much gimped. But Sartharion with 2-3 drakes just isn't possible without the gear and experience.
Post by Elrael
Also, does anybody else have any comments on Wowcrusher's spec for 3.1?
His spec is mana regen focused, the only situtation that helps is with new healers in 25 man 3d os, or all priest healers in 10 man 3d os. It's the kind of spec that only works for one speficiek fight, while it is a good spec, it removes parts of the flexibility of a holy priest. So unless you can to respec a lot, I guess it's not worth it and it's better to gear for mana regen.
Is Healing Focus
worth it, over Spell Warding
It's a personal kind of preference. I'm a priest that is used to shielding meself a lot. The only fight I recall where a GBC from PWS can make a difference Is 10 man os 3d. And ofcourse in the lower gear levels mana issues can prevent you from shielding yourself.
But I see healing Focus as not worth for me.
P.S. spellwarding works in almost every fight, except patchwork. But it doesn't add a lot too.