in your browser.
Playing Shadow Dance in 3.12
Return to board index
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
What do you think about shadow dance, sub spec and 3.2 patch
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
Here is my take on it.
1. My main hand poison rotates depending on the situation. If I am just milling about questing or running through a dungeon, I will usually use Instant Poison. Occasionally, I'll put Wound Poison on there if I am about to attack a paladin or if I see a bunch of healers in a battleground. I never use Crippling Poison and I don't know how much I am screwing myself by avoiding it. My off-hand is always Deadly Poison, especially since I use Shiv. I decided on this after I was messing around with the spreadsheet and Deadly gives the best DPS. Is this important for a PvP-based spec? I don't know, but it hasn't caused me any problems; I do well in PvP, at least I think so.
2. Not too much, although I would of couse love it to stay the same. I've found that the key on using SD is how you are positioned once SD is over. I like to get a cheap shot in, put a garrote on the target, eviscerate and then cheap shot at least one more time. If my energy was up to start the fight, I can even add another eviscerate and CS right before it expires. Then you have five CP as you return to normal combat and your opponent is screwed. I doubt you will be able to sneak the third CS in, so I will continue to focus on getting a bleed on the opponent, keeping him stunned for some time, and then leaving with 5CP that I can spend on a SnD, Rupture, or Kidney Shot.
3. I almost always use that exact same sequence. This also explains why, when in ShD, I don't ambush my brains out. I already did that and took a sizeable amount of health off of them. I want to go over the top now. HOWEVER! If I am in a group, I will Shadowstep and Garrote or Cheap Shot. The last goddamn thing I want is to see 100% pop up in my face and angry capitalized text from the healers.
In PvP vs non-plate (I've never done arena, mind you), this is basically ending the fight if you crit on either the ambush or the eviscerate. Even more, if you really, really, really, really just want to kill this one guy or dealing with plate, open with those four moves and then Cloak, Prep, Vanish. I also have evasion and sprint tied to Prep. So, you halve the guy's health, become damn near unhittable (which is actually negative vs a warrior) - and even when you are hit, a glyphed cloak helps, then you vanish and repeat. Pop a tea if you want to really crap in his cereal really quickly.
4. I look forward to hearing more on this, too. I want to say agility just because you are relying on crits a lot, but maybe the AP can save your ass should you not crit.
5. I cannot answer this since I am just using the best gear I could find on my first tour of the game. From reading, I would suspect that a rogue specc'ed in subtlety wouldn't have too much of a concern with this, although I am likely missing something. My motto in PvP is, if my target is not dead rather qucikly (and I can't escape), I can't imagine those extra points of resilience helping me much.
ive just changed to sub. and i think its excellent. I think to play it properly for an ametuer like me is gonna take some time. I get a lot of jip from people , rogues mainly ,"noob spec" seems to be favorite but when your having this much fun people are bound to try an grind you down.
I need more tactics for when shadowdance isnt up cos i like bgs too and im struggling there.
Should i change back to prep/mut and stop bieng a "noob"?
If anyone is telling you it is a noob spec while you are battling in a PvP environment, kindly alert them to how much of an idiot they are.
Or duel them and inform them from behind. You have to understand that COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT is drilled into their head from every forum and guild in WoW. It has been for me since I started last year. If you open up a spreadsheet and play with things, you quickly see why: DPS numbers are monstrous with combat and HaT is either pitiful or satisfactory, depending on who you ask.
With a 51-point sub spec, you have to be dead-on-balls accurate with every action you make to even hang with the other specs in PvE. Combine that with the fact that you can easily PvP with both of those builds and you can see why people shun it. Is Subtlety a better build to PvP with? Probably. However, when you factor in the handicaps it has in PvE compared to the other two and it is not as popular. That said, I was sub when I started and I will never switch even if I get laughed at and even in the face of me dropping the nut for dual specialization
As for more tactics, it depends on if you are sword or dagger (note: I have no experience with anything but daggers). If it is daggers, you have a few options and that is what I love about subtlety. Ambush, cheap shot, and garrote are all fine openers because they each provide something different. It is all about your style. For instance, I enjoy ambushing the balls off of everyone (excluding plate wearers) because I am comfortable with my ability to handle myself once I am out of stealth.
The key to playing subtlety is to be able to occasionally live to fight another day. There have been times I've gone after other rogues or hunters with a ShS/Ambush/Eviscerate trifecta and didn't get the crispy yellow numbers I desired or started an attack only to see a half-dozen horde coming my way. BG's are a team game, after all, and I have no problem simply amusing the opponent(s). Each second they spend trying to find my ass is a second they aren't attacking a teammate.
Likewise, never hesitate to be a prick ... pick off guys who are fighting already, circle around a group and crush the cloth casting into the group, sap a paladin and fight the guys 20 yards behind him, garrote/rupture a plate wearer while he is engaged and go find someone else, etc etc. If people aren't cursing at their keyboard about you, you are doing it wrong. I will probably catch some slack for saying to play like that, but I am a competitive sort; I just want to win and don't have a frigging care in the world what manner I went about it!
And, while all of this is happening, all your cooldowns just blinked ... time to get busy again.
Yea reading this, Im going back to Sub. This should get stickied for sub. Tho I do have titansteel shanker and omen of ruin. maybe i should get better daggers? and everhell what glyphs do u use?
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte