Questions about Mag
Return to board index
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
Trash : 4 groups of 3 casters (perhaps more in the first one). One patrolling and the other static. They are casting ae spells, so separate them well and put an interrupt on each, and all should go well.
Blast Nova : it's a spell that is on CD. If you bannish him early, the CD is still up and he'll cast soon after the ban. So you really have to wait to see him starting his cast (having Mag targetted and castbars active is the best way) to launch the ban.
If someone clicks too early, he MUST keep channeling. As long as the last cube clicker clics during the cast it'll be good (rather than starting early, interrupting, and then having the debuff on you while Mag casts the nova).
I don't know about wether the damage has been increased or not, but basically a renovation or whatever hot should be enough to keep the guy up during the whole channeling (if they were topped off at the start). However the damage increase during ban phase is not crucial to the encounter, so it's better to make sure people stay alive rather than force them to continue channeling if their almost dead.
Considering the new 2.4 changes, I'm interested in doing this raid.
But I have a few questions that I can't clearly find the answers too.
1) When he's doing his Blast Nova, can he be interrupted prior to it's casting (such as @ 58 sec click the cubes) and bypass it all together? Or do we have to wait for him to begin casting before we interrupt it?
2) Has the dmg people get from the cubes while they "hold" it decreased in the patch? I think it's 800DPS done to them. Other then cave-ins on P3 is there no reason they shouldn't hold it for as long as possible?
As dumb as it sounds, I know people referred him as Ony of Outlands, is there trash before him or is just the 5 casters?
1. Yes you can preemptively click the cube, but BE WARNED!!! He MUST have all 5 beams on him when he casts the blastwave in order to prevent it. This means you can't click the cubes more than 10 seconds before they start (typically you'll call for a click right before the blastwave so all 5 come up just as he starts casting it.) As long as all 5 beams last long enough to be on him when he begins the cast he will banish and you will not take damage.
2. Yes it's been halved it's now about 400dps or so.
There are 4 packs of 3 casters each in front of him, and they all must be cleared or they will agro when you start the encounter.
1. Yes you can preemptively click the cube, but BE WARNED!!! He MUST have all 5 beams on him when he casts the blastwave in order to prevent it. This means you can't click the cubes more than 10 seconds before they start (typically you'll call for a click right before the blastwave so all 5 come up just as he starts casting it.) As long as all 5 beams last long enough to be on him when he begins the cast he will banish and you will not take damage.From my experience before the 2.4 changes : the blast nova cast is on a CD, and he can begin casting the spell as soon as the CD is up, but he doesn't cast during the bannishment.
Meaning if you ban him when the CD is up but before he started casting, he will wait to come out of it and then cast almost immediately after.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.