Post by Elephants
I have played all of wrath's serious raid content on my disc/shadow priest seeing all content except heroic 25 toc. My friend irl on our old server has recently started up again and joined a progression raid guild over there, My old 70 hunter sits there still untouched. I keep up on most classes recent builds, and problems, but I sill feel rusty playing a class unless I know the TC behind what I am doing, and helping to hopefully evolve my current class myself. So I would like to clear up a few things:
1) MM or SV for toc and above level raiding, ArmP got nerfed a patch or so ago, and I thought the MM ArmP hunter died along with it, all though I still see some pushing out 9k-10k on certain fights.
2) shot rotation for the above spec
3) As SV I am bringing replenishment? I always thought of replenishment as a non-pure dps sort of thing, but almost everyone I know takes it.
4) cookie cutter spec, or specs.
Note: I have looked a specs, and such, but I do really value the opinion of other players on a forum, and not some guide, which I count EJ as.... :) But yes, Once I know the spec I will explore more into the TC behind it, and insight into TC would be great if you KNOW IT. Thanks.
Edit: also any dps bench marks as far as in lvl 200 purps, you should be doing "X", at equivalence of all 219's, "Y", etc. etc.
1) MM is a great raiding spec whether you gem ArP or Agi, Survival is the BEST raid spec over all due to it's replenishment, burst, and mana efficiency.
2) Survival Rotation :Killshot > Serpent Sting > Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
Marksman Rotation : Killshot > Serpent Sting > Chimera Shot > Arcane Shot > Aimed Shot > Steady Shot
3) Yes you are brining Replenishment called Hunting Party
(Please do note the Glyphs used)
For DPS benchmarks in the stated Item Level gear, expect 3k-3.5k, that is what I pushed at the release of Ulduar.