Post by Cake3k
Auto shot i unique to hunters.
The other who can use ranged weapons (bow/xbow/gun) have to click the shoot ability for each shot, as they don't really use the ranged wep, it's more like a "stat-stick". They also click the throw ability for thrown weps.
Priests, mages and warlocks have a shoot ability for their wand, which works like auto shoot, although it will stop firing if you move etc. and you'll have to click the ability again.http://www.wowwiki.com/Wand
To use a Wand
1. Equip a wand in your ranged weapon slot on the Character panel.
2. Move the 'Shoot' ability from the General Abilities tab of your Spellbook to a hot button on your button bar.
3. Target an enemy.
4. Push the Shoot button.
To stop using a Wand
To stop using a wand, do any of these:
* Take a few steps in any direction, or jump.
* Hit the Esc key.
* Click the fire button again.
* Right-click a mob (this should put you back into melee mode).
* Re-target a mob by pressing 'T' (assuming you have the default key shortcut).
* Activate an item.
* Use a /stopcasting macro.