Post by Giliandrix
1. Mind Spike = Used for Low HP Adds in which Dotting up would be a waste of time/mana or just simply not as efficient. Tentacles on Cho'Gall, Stormlings on Al'Akir etc.
Mind Blast = Used with Shadow Orbs to keep up Empowering Shadows. You'll want to try for 100% Uptime of this buff. I suspect with the Mind Blast buff next patch, it might be used on cooldown.
SW:D = Used whenever you have mana issues, are moving and on cooldown at 25% (Twice in a row).
2. Yes of course. The assumed default Shadow Spec is http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcroZZGbGdMzrd0fo:kRMVoMzV0
With 2 points to spare in whatever you wish.
3. The two primary stats you should focus on are Intellect and Haste.
4. Power Torrenting for Weapon, Intellect whenever possible, if not Haste. Red = 40 Intellect, Yellow = 20 Intellect + 20 Haste, Blue = 20 Intellect + 20 spirit. For Yellow/Blue slots, only gem those gems if the bonus sufficiently outweighs 20 intellect.
5. Rotation/Priority has more or less been the same.
Keeping your Dots up > Keeping Empowered Shadows up through MB > SWD at 25% > MF. Probably will change next patch.
6. You're never really going to use Mind Spike in a fight unless there are low-relatively low-hp adds.