Post by Docker
First of all I have to say that I'm a total noob and the only char I had before shaman was 36 (oh!) rouge.
I've leveled a 54 shaman (orc. it matters?) with "Restoration" talents please find my build here: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hZZxcfuVeoxkrzk
As I was told it is quite a strange for a newbie to start playing like a healer. Well, anyway I do like it!
So what I was going to ask is:
1) Maybe someone can help with appropriate addons for sham (healer)? I mean the names and how I use em.
2) Talents. Would gladly read your comments about talent build
3) Just common advices (:
I'm realy looking forward for your answers.
Thx a lot
P.S. Sorry for bad English
Post by CanadianSniper
1) I've never used it but I've heard nothing but good things about GRID
2) I'll let another shaman player answer this for you:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hZ0xxhZxcxuVxoxkrhRt
That is the *core* talents needed to play PvE resto effectively, except for the third line, where imp water shield or Healing Grace could be swapped for Healing Focus (I had to pick one to keep going further in the tree).
After that, you have several options. One option is Elemental Weapons. I strongly recommend against this one, as it's ENTIRE benefit to you is a whopping 45 bonus healing. Rather weak, but not actually *bad*. Just not a good use of talent points.
IF you plan on Main Tank healing, you *MUST* take Healing Way, Ancestral Awakening, and Improved Water Shield. These make your ideal Tank-healing rotation (keep earth shield up, riptide->hasted Healing Wave->hasted Healing Wave->(LHW if you need to keep heals up while riptide finishes cooling down)->riptide->repeat) far, far more effective and help with raidhealing at the same time (Ancestral Awakening)
Final talent build should look like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hZ0xxhZxcezVeoxkrIRt
with one talent point free to place where you'd like (I personally would pick Healing Focus for that last point).
IF you are speccing for a raidhealing-specific build, you have a bit more leeway. Ancestral Awakening stays very nice, as it procs on your riptides, which you SHOULD be using as a Wrath raidhealer (Chainheal spam accounts for 90% of your raidhealing, the other 10% should be riptides or hasted Healing Waves). Other than that, Nature's Guardian is a VERY nice tool that helps you stay alive long enough to keep your raid up when large raidwide damage hits.
Hope that helps.
3) um well um... stack up with mp5, +spell healing/power, Intellect first. Stamina and MAIL armour second. Use a shield and a 1hand weapon all with stats that I just listed.
You're lucky that healing gear is now healing+dps gear now. You can level up as resto with still some +spell damage :)
Good for you for enjoying leveling as a resto shaman. If you enjoy it there's no reason you shouldn't play as one.
Post by CanadianSniper
Mana per 5 seconds while casting. Here's a sample item with mp5: Crest of Supremacy
As a healer you're going to be constantly casting spells. mp5 will make sure you regen mana while you're casting.
Note: Spirit increases your mana regen while NOT casting. This is unrealistic as you'll be casting heals over and over and over. Ignore Spirit. It's not for you.