Post by Oohla
A couple of suggestions for quest filtering (motivations below):
- Red/orange/yellow/green at level...
- Available to class...
These should be fairly obvious. (1) is for finding quests that are available (and appropriate) for a given level. This is currently sorta semi-doable but often returns too many results since you're either un-interested in green quests or red quests or whatever (depends a lot on the class you're playing and your playstyle/current goals). (2) is mostly to exclude areas you've already been to. (3) is to filter out all the class specific quests for other classes than your own.
Some more that may be slightly harder to implement:
- Executed in zone...
- Quest type...
- Worldtrip/connector quest (yes/no)
(1) would involve knowing what kinds of quest objectives must be completed and knowing what zone(s) those objectives can be accomplished in. With this you'd be able to look through quests that can be done in the zone you're planning to go to even though the quest may be in another category (and typically then picked up somewhere else entirely).
(2) is a much needed categorization of quest types: kill quest, drop quest, interact with an object quest, speak to a guy quest, etc. You might not be able to auto-categorize all quests, but most quests are fairly straightforward.
(3) would be a specific filtering for quests that are picked up in one zone and delivered in another. An even better solution would be to make distance from quest giver to quest completor be a measured size that could be filtered on (though that would definately require some GIS style relations in the db that I don't if you already have). Even even better naturally would be to have the total length of the typical path taken to complete (including any stops underway to kill, loot, talk to people, etc.) which would require extensive analysis of the quest objectives, proximity and rareness of spawns and what not. Again this analysis might not be doable automatically for all quests but for the vast majority it should be possible.
A final value it would be awesome to get listed would be:
- For all levels that get XP from a quest how big a percentage of the required XP to level does that quest reward. (Possibly filtering out some of the levels if a level range has been set in the filter.) (Possibly including kill XP based on drop percentages etc. for the grand version.)
And yes, every time I level a new char I need new goals and wowhead helps me do this. By finding quests I haven't done before etc. These could all help immensely with that :)
Anyways these were some ideas. I do realize the latter ones are quite far fetched, but I hope the first couple ones shouldn't be too hard to do.