Post by Morec0
(( And so it begans.... Oh, and as you can see, I've tried putting the paragraphs in a new style. Tell me what you think of it.
New readers might want to read Light and Death
before going any further. It'll help explain what, exactly, is going on.))- Eversong woods, it was just like he remembered it from his youth. Life flourished everywhere, untamed, uncorrupted. Nilon floated above it all, weightless, worry less. It was all a dream, he knew that, but he didn't care. It warmed his heart to see Quel'thalas in this state.- But it couldn't last. In a flash it changed. The tranquility was gone, beasts swarmed over the land, killing at will, enemies of the blood elves - old and new - roamed across the land, and a tainted trail carved straight through the land like a scar. This was Quel'thalas now, he didn't want to remember, but he knew that he had to.- He was flying across the land now, the ground below him moving past his view. He stopped in a hidden area in the eastern hills. He had gone there as a boy, and was the only one that knew where it was.- Or so he thought.- Three vamparic-looking, elf-like creatures walked up the hidden path. They stood in a triangle around the center of the small area. One knelt down, touching the ground with his hand, and then leapt back, hissing in rage.- The three creatures argued amongst themselves, but Nilon couldn't hear a thing. The fang-decorated scarves that covered their mouths making it impossible for him to read their lips - if these creatures even had them. Then they turned back towards the path and dropped to one knee in reverence.- A human with pitch-black hair and wearing armor that radiated evil walked up the path. A runeblade hung at his side and he gripped its hilt as his icy-blue-glowing eyes looked over the elf-like creatures with obvious contempt.- Nilon recognized the death knight. He was the bane of his existence, but also his reason for being. The death knight's name was William Morec.- Once a paladin of Lordaeron, Morec had been killed and raised by a necromancer named Itheac. Through a complicated and unfortunate series of events, Morec had ultimately sided with the Scourge and prompted Nilon on his new quest.- Morec walked to the center of the clearing. He knelt down, touched the ground, and then stood.- An evil grin spread across his face.
- Nilon bolted upright. He was gasping for breath and his body was covered with sweat - despite the subzero temperatures of Northrend. At least it had only been a dream, though. That thought comforted him and he began to calm down.
- He had come to this land of the dead on a mission of vengeance. Morec had killed his love, Celen Dawnweaver, and then fled up here. Nilon had pursued, but soon found that the hunter had become the hunted. Somehow, Morec had gained an army, and now chased Nilon around the wastes of the northern continent.
- The paladin had been forced into hiding, now living in a cave on the side of a mountain in the north of the Howling Fjord. He rarely ventured out, only doing so when he was desperately in need of food or water. He couldn't risk being seen by the Scourge. He was a strong paladin, but, all the same, he was only one.
- Nilon's stomach growled and he walked over to his supplies. They were disease ridden. He sighed, in the land of the Scourge, this happened all the time. He tried to purify it with the Light, but the diseases resisted the holy power. He sighed again, then set fire to the meat and walked out of the cave to find some more.
- There were still living creatures in Northrend - surprisingly - but they were becoming more and more scarce each day it seemed to him. He killed what he could find, cut off what meat he could carry, and then began the hike back to his cave. As he neared the entrance, a cry went out, and he turned around.
- Swarming up the side of the hill after him were hundreds of Scourge warriors. Nilon swore, then dropped the meat and ran into the cave. He hadn't explored the depths of the caverns fully, but - hopefully - he would be able to escape the undead in here.
- But as the light turned from dim to pitch black, it became apparent that pursuit was not the zombie's intention. The Scourge minions had collapsed the caves entry point, trapping him inside. Nilon summoned a spark of the Holy Light and used it to light his way through the tunnels.
- He walked for what seemed like hours, never finding an exit. His hopes began to dwindle, but did not die. Then the spark went out, leaving him in complete darkness.
- "You were correct, Scourgelord
," a voice, void of any traces of sympathy, said, "the paladin did retreat further into the caverns when confronted with the Scourge
- "He is a coward, my king," a second voice - possibly the Scourgelord the first referred to - said. "Now, his cowardice has led him to ruin."
- "Yes, but he will serve me well, all the same
- "Show yourself!" Nilon demanded. Braziers around him erupted in cold fire. The light illuminated the cave, and revealed two figures: one was Morec, armored in dark-colored plate and wearing the tabard of the Scourge. The other was a tall menacing figure that all knew too well.
- "Welcome, Nilon Lighteye
," the Lich King said.
- Nilon took a step back, only to find that ice now blocked the path he had come by.
- "What's the matter, paladin?" Morec said. "Not happy to see us?" He grinned maliciously "My king, if I am not mistaken, isn't there someone here that the paladin would
- "There is
," the Lich King chuckled. "Tell me, paladin, do you recognize her
?" He pointed Frostmourn at a corner of the cavern.
- Braziers of cold fire erupted in that corner, the blue light reflecting off of the ice and brightening it even further. A chrysalis of ice was suspended in the air by dark magic, and Nilon was speechless as he saw there was an elf inside. But not just any elf.
- It was Celen
Post by Morec0
(so celen got an high elf- half wrethched - deathknight - mage -deathknight transformation, :S )
I might need to clarrify a bit on Celen:
- After her exorcism on Page 38, Celen's wretched state was purrified by the Light.
- She never actually became a death knight, I just couldn't think of words to describe her eyes as glowing anything other then a death knight's icy blue. Originally I was planning to go with shadows or something like that.
- She's not a part of the Scourge here, she's just a corpse incased in ice, being used by the Lich King to goad(spelling) Nilon to join the Scourge.
Sorry for confusing anyone.
Post by Morec0
Just so that any new readers can have a link to the bit that started this all, I'm including a link to Light and Death
. Read it and see where this all began...