Post by Morec0
(( Page 2 awaits your reading. Page 1
- The dream - no, the vision - had been true. Nilon had buried Celen's body in that clearing after her death, consecrated the ground, and had thought she was safe from the Scourge.But Morec was stronger, and he had brought her here.
- He gripped his sword, hate boiling within him. He would kill them, both
of them, then he would take Celen's body back to Quel'thalas. His revenge would be complete. He tried to charge, but he couldn't move. The Lich King's power was keeping him immobile.
- "You miss her, don't you
?" the Lich King questioned. "You can have her back, you know
." He held his hand out in front of him, his palm glowing with power. "Swear your loyalty to me, and I will not only grant you immortality, but I will return her to you. Then, you both can be together to serve me for eternity
- The Lich King's words swirled in Nilon's mind. They were filled with power, promise. But they were laced with deceit. Nilon knew that he couldn't be trusted, but he dropped his sword and began to sink to his knees.
- He didn't care what he would become, he just wanted her back, he wanted to hold her, he wanted to be with her again.
- The Lich King grinned, and raised Frostmourn to give the paladin his blessing.
- But an explosion drew his attention to another side of the cavern. Smoke and dirt filled the air, and through it stepped a paladin dressed in armor that radiated the Holy Light, and carrying a sword that glowed with energy and heat.
- His gaze locked with the Lich King's. "Arthas
!" he yelled and stepped towards the Dark Lord.
- The Lich King glared. "Come, Scourgelord
," he said to Morec, "it is time we departed
." The Scourgelord walked to his master's side, and the Lich King jabbed Frostmourn into the ground. The two disappeared in a flash of darkness, Celen's casing and body going with them.
- Nilon looked over to the paladin, his vision beginning to blur from stress and fatigue.
- "Medics!" the paladin yelled, "take this blood elf back to the caravan and treat his wounds."
- "Yes, Highlord Fordring," the reply came.
- Nilon passed out.
- The Lich King seated himself upon the Frozen Throne and Morec knelt down. "My king," the Scourgelord began.
- "No questions necessary, Scourgelord
," the Dark Lord interrupted. "I am still weary from my encounter with Fordring at Light's Hope
- "Is he truly that powerful, my king?"
- "On holy ground, yes, and off of it, he is my equal. But, here, I am the stronger of us, even fatigued as I am
- "Shall I gather my army and attack them, my king?"
," the Lich King replied, "But, first, return to the Howling Fjord. The vrykul weapon smiths have informed me that your new blade is near completion
- Morec bowed his head. "Thank you, my king." He left the throne room.
- Once on the mighty barricades of Icecrown he gazed into the sky. "Umbragos
!" he called, "come to your master!"
- A roar echoed out in reply, and a might frosty wyrm dove from the sky. It hovered in front of the Scourgelord for a short period, then landed. Morec climbed into the saddle on its back.
- "You serve me well, my pet," Morec said. "Now, take me to Utgarde."
- With a mighty beat of its wings, Umbragos took to the sky and back towards the fjord.