Post by ellmo
You might be thinking, what the hell is a very versatile Demo build, as all of them are quite versatile, but i just came up with an idea of a build that could do all of the following:
- easily solo with the Felguard
- easily solo group quests with Volkswagen
- tank instances with Volkswagen
- contribute as a dps and CC with Succubus
is the build I'm currently testing. And this
is the build I'm aiming at lvl 80.
The main point of this talent tree are
- Imp. health funnel, Demonic Resilience and fel Synergy to give my demons the best damage reduction and healing capabilities possible, so the VW can tank well
- Imp. Demonic Tactics for the Felguard to get the best crit chance possible
- Imp Succubus for instant seduction when a group needs a CC
- Ruin, Devastate and Succubus' Master Demonologist effect for the best possible criticals for me
I also use Metamorphosis until I reach lvl 80 just for grinding and all those oh-snap
situations. The only viable talent left out seems to be the Master Summoner, but I can live with that, as I keep my demons alive long enough to get the task done and I also have quite high haste rating.
As I said, I'm currenlty testing this one, but tell me what you guys think?
Post by asakawa
this kinda thing just screams "jack of all trades - master of none."
demo is easily the most versatile spec for warlocks but you simply can't build to be good at everything. every point you spend in one direction moves you further away from something else.
addressing the things you want to be capable of:
- solo - any felguard build can solo very easily
- solo group quests - this is only applicable when levelling and any felguard build can do it*
- tanking instances - this would be simply horrible and i suggest you do not do it.**
- DPS - any build can do this
- CC - is it worth speccing toward CC? is this not a waste of points 99.9% of the time and only a minor improvement 0.1% of the time?
*VW with talents and demonic empowerment used well still doesn't produce enough threat to hold 3 DoTs (i could only get away with SiLi and corruption when i used VW to tank elites, coA pulled). do you really want to go through an instance that slowly? and could you get a group to go that slow?
i would strongly suggest something more like 21/41/0
for levelling and 0/41/30
they should cover your bases without too much waste.