Post by Zerole
Hey guys, I just started again yesterday after a two year break and despite my previous plans of making a Hunter...I couldn't help falling in love with my Paladin and the new Ret spec. In any case, I need to recreate some useful macros but it's been far too long for me to remember the commands for them so I was hoping you guys could help. Here's a list of what I need them to do.
*Assume that my current target is either no one or the enemy.
1) Target ally or party member with lowest HP within range. Cast FoL or HL (two separate macros in this case). Return target to previous enemy.
2) Target self. Cast Cleanse, FoL, or HL (three separate macros). Return target to previous enemy.
3) Target self. Cast Blessing of XXX. Return target to previous enemy.
4) Judgement. Seal of Command. I think this might just be the normal /cast command since Judgement doesn't cause a global cooldown but please let me know if I'm wrong.
On another note, I want to make a PvP specced Paladin that focuses mainly on Retribution but plays support when the situation calls for it. Which of these builds do you guys think would work best? I'm planning on using the Arena and Honor gear.http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0550310200000000000000000000000000000000000500505132003125301351http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0550300202000000000000000000000000000000000520505102003125301351
Other than that, since things have changed since pre-TBC I was hoping you guys could rank the values of the talents listed below.
1) 5/5 Improved Blessing of Might or 5/5 Benediction? I used to JoC spam, and swap a lot of different Blessings so the latter was more useful, is this still true?
2) 3/3 Pursuit of Justice or 2/2 Improved Judgement? I'm thinking the first one but let me know if this is wrong.
3) 5/5 Divine Strength or 5/5 Divine Intellect. Pre-TBC Paladins didn't really have access to DPS gear so the first one was really negligible.
On a final note, is Improved Sanctity Aura overrated or is it worth it? I plan on mostly doing BGs, and 5v5 Arena fights.
I know this was asking a lot all at once but thanks in advance for any helpful feedback you can provide.
P.S. I did check the RETLOL Guide already.
Post by Angrydorf
The mana pool for off healing comes largely from gear. Speccing lightly into holy isn't really great since Illumination sucks now, you used to be able to spam high rank heals, now it just renders you useless. My talent build looks something like this, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxZVGzhZVfcthcuisoz
since I can't off heal in PVP anymore.