in your browser.
Wowhead seems to have blocked me or something
Return to board index
Since yesterday I noticed that wowhead was not showing anything to me. The first time I tried accessing it I got a "page not found" sort of error, and subsequent tries led me to this page:
If I try searching for something I know exists (for instance Illidan or whatever) there are no search results. If I try accessing my account options, nothing happens. If I click on an article, it will open but no comments will be there, even though it says there are
I tried accessing it from another browser (IE, never use it so it's completely clean of plugins or anything) but the problem persisted. Ultimately I successfully accessed it from the computer where I work at (image definition is weird because I took the screenshot through remote access).
It's hard to believe this is being caused by something on my end. Seems like wowhead is rejecting my IP or something. Didn't find other people having the same problem either. The only thing I didn't test yet was changing IPs.
If it's what I think it is, it's a known but very obscure bug.
Staff can probably tell better than I can, though.
Edit: From my own experience, it can persist for a few hours at most after which it should go away.
It happened quite frequently 1-2 months ago, for a lot of users, across all platforms (hardware, browser, OS etc)..
For me, personally, the problem was solved after a few days, when admins became aware of it, however, it looks like it's back (for you atleast)...
I tried accessing wowhead from a different computer in my LAN (never accessed wowhead from it before) and it didnt work, neither did changing IPs.
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
After almost a week it looks it's been fixed.
We performed site maintenance this morning which should have fixed the issue. We'll be continuing to look at the forums and feedback email for future occurrences.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.