Post by Frostcat
Welcome to another installment of Wowhead's Week-in-Review!
First, I want to thank everyone who will read this, is reading this, and has already read this. Fennrahn, and myself put a lot of time, effort, and hard work into this review, so you, the Wowhead user, would enjoy Wowhead a little better. Plus, we want to make Wowhead a better place to browse.
Second, I want to apologize for not posting the review yesterday. Fennrahn, and myself have been so busy yesterday, so we didn't have time to finish the review, and post it. Again, I apologize, and I hope you can understand, and forgive us.
Third, Click here
to read the week-in-review from the previous week.
Finally, without further delay, here is Wowhead's Week-in-Review! Enjoy!Editorials:
- “A Game for the Obsessive Compulsive” by Malgayne, one of Wowhead's administrators, talks about how he has some problems with World of Warcraft's latest expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. He goes on to say that some players say that the gear in WotLK isn't as good as the gear that they already have from raiding in Burning Crusade, but he has a different problem entirely -- his problem is that he likes to do everything in a game, but, in WoW, it’s made intentionally so you can’t do everything. He wants to solo, but when he’s done soloing -- he’s already too high for the instances! See his dilemma? Well, what do you do? How do you find a balance between soloing and instancing, and what do you guys prefer to spend your leveling time on? Answer those questions, via a comment!
- “Basic Example of Threat & Aggro” by Arideni , one of Wowhead's moderators, is a rather satirical entry to the basics of threat, aggro, and more! If you don’t know any of these things, or just want a good laugh, check it out, then answer the question: what are some of the major questions or concerns dealing with threat you would like answers to? Answer that question, via a comment!
- “The Furious Five: An Introduction” by Malgayne is about Malgayne’s static group (a group of characters who are specifically set aside for the purpose of playing with one another), talking about the interesting aspects about playing your characters that way. It’s some pretty cool/interesting stuff on the benefits of having your own static group. After you’ve read the blog entry, answer these questions: do you level like this? Do you enjoy it, or find it too restrictive? How do you handle tradeskills? Do you want to give it a shot? Answer those questions, via a comment!
- “Skills to Pay the Bills: First Aid” by Miyari, Wowhead’s resident bureaucrat, is part two of a three-part feature that’ll cover the secondary tradeskills of Fishing, First Aid, and Cooking. This week, it’s First Aid! Miyari talks about where you go after you’ve gotten 375 First Aid, and what achievements there are for First Aid, a disappointingly low amount. However, Miyari asks you: what sort of achievement could Blizzard come up with to award the “Doctor” title? Make sure you leave your answer, via comment!
- “Threat Gauging in 3.0” by Arideni, is a more serious follow-up to “Basic Example of Threat & Aggro.” In it, it’s all about threat gauging, and its evolution from 2.0 to 3.0. If you’re new to tanking in 3.0, or you want to learn how to threat gauge, check it out! Now, tell us in a comment: for non-tanks: how much of your attention goes undivided towards the game? Do you understand a lot about the other classes or their abilities? Do you play with the same tank on a regular basis or have you "seen them all"? And for tanks: what is your trick to threat gauging? Do you focus on this heavily or just passively? How about during raid encounters? Do you find yourself asking some of the same questions as the ones in the article? What about the statements above? Again, leave your answers in a comment!
- “Phat Lewtz Contest – Phase 1”, “Phat Lewtz Contest - Phase 1, Day 2” and “Phat Lewtz Contest - Phase 1, Day 3” by Malgayne is about, well, phat lewts! In a nutshell, all you had to do is explain what was the most epic loot you received. The prizes were cards from WoW's Trading Card Game. Moreover, if your username is Ashviar, Raijn, sorenpyrofly, Varuncalex, jblase03 or Wekya, congratulations! You won!
- “WoWInterface’s Pick of the Week” by Seerah is a returning segment in which each week, Seerah, one of Wowhead's VIPs/bloggers, and a moderator over at Wowhead’s sister site, WoWInterface, will present their mod/add-on. This week, EasySerum, a new add-on for alchemists, whom are having trouble finding ingrediants. Also, make sure you leave a comment!
- “Wowhead Comic #3” by Noxychu, Wowhead’s artist/blogger, is another awesome comic. This week: Murlocs. Haven’t you been wondering what they’ve all been doing since everyone left for Northrend? The comic reveals a conversation between ‘em! Check it out, and comment, then check out Noxychu’s website at www.noxychu.com for more about her, her work, and details about commissions. Also, make sure you leave a comment!
- “Five Handy Macros (Yes, I use them!)" byArideni is a list of five simple macros that make life for us WoW players easier. There’s one for an “All-in-One Mount” macro, a “Mouseover Abilities” macro, an “Activate Trinkets” macro, a “Sell Gray Items” macro and finally, a “Cooking and Fishing” macro. Sound interesting? Check them out, then post your macro(s) in a comment, if you care to share.
One more final note: send us feedback! We would love to know what you're thinking, so either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (me), or email@example.com (Fennrahn).
Post by Frostcat
You need to type in English when posting in the Wowhead forum boards. Moreover, read this
sticky to understand the do's and don'ts of Wowhead. :)