In general, we've found that our tuning on trinkets which relied on a direct damage or healing effect (as opposed to their raw stats) have come up a bit short this expansion. To help address that, we're making the following changes:
Draught of Souls
- Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid: Damage increased by 30%.
- Arcanogolem Digit: Damage increased by 30%.
- Entwined Elemental Foci: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item's proc has been increased by 5%.
- Might of Krosus: Base damage reduced by 25%, but is now always a critical strike.
The tooltip for Might of Krosus will display the amount of damage that will result from the critical hit, not the base damage.
- Also fixed a bug where the cooldown was incorrectly being reduced if Might of Krosus damaged at least 3 targets.
: The Use effect of this trinket now respects the global cooldown.
Icon of Rot
- The damage of this trinket is now reduced by 30% for Unholy Death Knighs (was reduced by 40%).
- Designer Notes: Since Draught of Souls deals Shadow Damage, it's increased by Unholy's Mastery, which means we needed to reduce its base damage to keep its overall value similar to other classes. It's currently a little too low, however, so we're increasing the damage it deals for Unholy.
: Damage increased by 40%. Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire
: Damage increased by 85%. Fury of the Burning Sky
: Damage increased by 40%. Star Gate
: Damage increased by 30%. Aluriel's Mirror
: Healing-over-time amount increased by 140%. Detonate effect reduced by 35%.
Perfectly Preserved Cake
- Designer Notes: Aluriel's Mirror's detonation effect is strong when it activates, but hard to rely on. We're increasing the heal-over-time effect significantly to improve the up-front value of this trinket, and reducing the detonation effect slightly to compensate.
: Absorb amount increased by 140%. Etraeus' Celestial Map
: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item's proc has been increased by 5%.
As for Convergence of Fates
, we're spending a little extra time to make sure our changes here are as comprehensive as possible, so we don't have final numbers yet. However, we can share our overall plan for the changes we intend to make. We intend to reduce its base effectiveness (before talents) for Windwalkers, and increase its base effectiveness for Retribution Paladins and Frost and Unholy Death Knights. Separately, we plan to adjust its effectiveness individually for the following talents:
We're planning to make these changes with the next weekly restarts, alongside the release of Mythic Nighthold. Overall, this should make the trinkets in Nighthold more competitive with other trinkets available elsewhere in the expansion.
Does this mean that the CoF changes will be there as well with the reset this week, since you said you wanted a little extra time to ensure they were as comprehensible as possible?