Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands and WoW Classic. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
Hotfixes December 8, 2020 AchievementsClasses Windwalker Rogue
Resolved an issue that prevented the Rotbriar Sprout trinket's area of effect damage from breaking Sap.
Warlock Warrior Covenants
- Shadow Blades no longer benefits from increased damage taken effects twice.
Creatures and NPCs
- Fixed an issue where “Replenishing the Reservoir” could not be progressed while in a raid group.
- Fixed an issue where professions and pet battle World Quests could fail to give credit for "Bolstering Bastion", "Rallying Maldraxxus", "Support the Court", and "Reinforcing Revendreth."
- Fixed an issue where the world map marker would not display for the quest "Choosing Your Purpose."
Reduced the Ember Court weekly restock requirement of Infused Rubies to 20 (was 50).
- Reduced the cost of the Blank Invitation (used to reroll a guest) to 8 Infused Rubies (was 15).
- New Venthyr members completing their first Ember Court will now also see a Blank Invitation alongside the item opening their second guest slot.
Developers' note: While players have had a lot of time to gather enough Infused Rubies for the first week, we want to give players a bit more freedom to customize their guest list and account for the other activities starting in Season 1 that will take more of their time.
Dungeons and Raids Plaguefall
- Inquisitors in the Halls of Atonement area of Revendreth now correctly provide full reputation rewards to all players who attacked them, including the player who breaks the Inquisitor's immunity.
- Aspirant Eolis should now still be able to be summoned if one player loots the Fragile Humility Scroll without using it.
- Shadowlands World Bosses should now be properly supported by the Premade Group Finder.
- The Broker fishing vendors has stopped hogging the cooking station and allowed the Broker cooking vendor and trainer to take their rightful spot.
- Restricted the total number of additional Rotting Minions that World Boss Mortanis can spawn.
Items and Rewards
- The slime tentacles in the gauntlet have moved to placements that better suit their purposes.
Player versus Player
- Instructor's Divine Bell trinket now gives the correct amount of Mastery.
- Enchant Chest: Eternal Bounds now shows the correct Mana gain when applied to equipment.
- The Cloudwalker's Coffer will no longer appear available to players that aren't yet eligible. This will reduce wasted journeys into the heights without rewards.
The following Battle
for Azeroth trinkets have had their effectiveness reduced by 55% while engaged in combat with enemy players:
The following Battle
for Azeroth trinkets have had their effectiveness reduced by 50% while engaged in combat with enemy players: The Maw: Eye of the Jailer
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- While in the Maw, harvesting Nightshade now increases the threat level of Eye of the Jailer and rewards Stygia.
- Threat Level 5: Immediate Extermination now retains its stacks when you leave the zone and re-enter.
- Stygia and reputation gains in the Maw are now only disabled when Immediate Extermination reaches 10 stacks, rather than when it is first applied to you. Push your luck a little further... if you dare!
- Fixed a rare issue which could cause Eye of the Jailer to fail to reset if you were present in the zone during the daily reset.
- Lingering Cloak of Ve'nari now applies to end-game players as they enter The Maw.
- Added three new Common self-healing powers: Bloodgorged Leech, Refilling Elixir of Life, and Orb of Replenishment.
- Bastion's resilience at the Temple of Courage has spurred the Maldraxxi assailants to increase their efforts, resulting in more available targets during the World Quest "Air Supremacy."
- Players can no longer have more than 8 Neglected Souls at a time during the World Quest "Battered and Bruised."
WoW Companion App
To prevent an issue with the cage door remaining locked, Noth the Plaguebringer can no longer die while he's preparing to teleport.
- Fixed an issue where Heigan the Unclean's slow eruptions could sometimes overlap with the fast eruptions.
- Fixed a crash affecting players on Android 10 and 11. Users will need to reset their settings.
- Various bug fixes and improvements on Android.