|Card Information||In-game Counterparts|
If you want a similar pet, check out Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling, Red Dragonhawk Hatchling, Golden Dragonhawk Hatchling from Jilanne for or Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling for from Dealer Rashaad.
|No mounts quite like it, but there are several spectral-themed mounts:|
|Predictably, there's nothing that looks quite like it in game. However, if you want a companion for this mount, check out Ancona Chicken, Mechanical Chicken, Rocket Chicken, or Westfall Chicken.|
- Mottled Drake
- Worldbreaker: Mottled Drake
- Flying Mount: Requires Level 60.
- While this mount uses a typical dragon model and has been unfairly compared to the Bronze Drake, the coloration is really quite distinctive with rusted spots, olive mesh details, and velvet-black wings.
- Can be traded in-game.
|There's nothing quite like it, but if you're interested in mounts with saber cat models:|
If you're looking for a mount with a spectral texture:
Spectral Tiger Cub is the perfect matching pet!
- Riding Turtle
- Heroes of Azeroth: Saltwater Snapjaw
- Ground Mount: no level requirement, so usable by twinks.
- Moves at character's running speed on land, but 100% swim speed.
- BoP: unlike many other TCG mounts, cannot be traded in-game. It can show up on the BMAH though.
- There's a similar mount, but it will take you some time to farm. Sea Turtle yields Turtles All the Way Down and can be fished up from any pool in a Wrath or Cataclysm zone. If RNG isn't on your side, you could spend thousands of casts getting this.
- Check out Speedy from Children's Week for a matching pet! New to 4.3 is Darkmoon Turtle, for 0 Darkmoon Prize Ticket at the Darkmoon Faire.
|Pre 5.2, this was one of the few ways Alliance players can get a raptor mount. Getting lucky and winning Armored Razzashi Raptor from Bloodlord in Zul'Gurub is another way, but that mount has a bit more armor. Fossilized Raptor is an archaeology discovery, but that's all bones.|
For Horde players, there are more options for unarmored raptors:
This mount looks really similar to some hunter tames and vanity pets too. Mulgore Hatchling from the Argent Tournament is a cute companion, and a lot of hunters have fond early memories taming Mazzranache.
|In Mists of Pandaria, Stunted Shardhorn is a matching wild battle pet.|
And on rare occasions, one of the following mounts:
|There's a similar TCG item that contains random pets: Landro's Pet Box|
|Card and Description||In-game Counterpart|
- If you want to see the card's namesake, check out King Mukla in Stranglethorn Vale.
- Hunters can summon a variety of monkey pets to keep this vanity pet company.
- In Mists of Pandaria, players can get Baby Ape from wild pet battles--but only when raining.
|Recolor of Fiendish Imp from Terestian Illhoof in Karazhan.|
|Similar in appearance to Lofty Libram, a wild pet in Hillsbrad.|
|Cenarion Hatchling: Purchasable from the Blizzard Pet Store.|
|Lil' Phylactery: Original version from the Blizzard Pet Shop. Shoots frostbolts at critters and kills them.|
|Lil' XT: Original version from the Blizzard Pet Shop. Screams and destroys nearby mechanical toys.|
And a rare chance to contain either:
The TCG mount matches Reins of the Striped Nightsaber perfectly!
|Sea Pony: fished up from the shores of the Darkmoon Faire. Can only be acquired one week per month.|
- Mechanical Chicken is the plain version of the TCG chicken--it has the same body minus the rockets and animations. However, this is a reward for completing An OOX of Your Own, a very arduous quest chain.
- Robo-Chick is a new wild battle pet in Mists of Pandaria.
|None exactly--but Pendant of the Scarab Storm summons a ton of scarabs and there's different Beetle pets for Hunters.|
|None--although several other pets double as vendors. Guild Page/Guild Herald sell guild rewards, and Argent Squire/Argent Gruntling sell reagents with the addition of Argent Pony Bridle.|
|No real matches--but there's another spectral pet, the Spectral Porcupette.|
|Ruby Slippers from Karazhan, Ethereal Portal from the TCG, and The Innkeeper's Daughter from Archaeology are neat variations on Hearthstones too.|
|The tattoos cannot be replicated in-game, but players can get Cursed Vision of Sargeras from Illidan.|
|The Piccolo of the Flaming Fire from Stratholme isn't as fancy, but it gets everyone around you dancing.|
|Rich Purple Silk Shirt, made by Tailors, looks similar and the crafter has a bit of status--it's a very rare pattern.|
- Ethereal Portal
- Icecrown: Portal Stone
- Works exactly like a Hearthstone--but with fancier graphics.
- Character uses an Ethereal gate (similar to the Ethereal portals in Blade's Edge) when hearthing.
- All normal Hearthstone cooldowns apply to this item.
|Ruby Slippers from Karazhan, Dark Portal from the TCG, and The Innkeeper's Daughter from Archaeology are neat variations on Hearthstones too.|
- Fishing Chair
- Fires of Outland: Gone Fishin'
- Sets up a comfy fishing chair, complete with striped umbrella.
- Can be used anywhere a mount is allowed--don't need water.
- 5 minute cooldown.
- Other players can't use/steal your chair.
- Foam Sword Rack
- Blood of Gladiators: Foam Sword Rack
- Places a Foam Sword Rack that either faction can loot for colorful foam swords.
- Equipping Foam Sword will allow players to "bonk" other players wearing swords.
- The winner of a foam sword duel causes their opponent to be knocked down and lose their sword in a confetti explosion.
- Summoned rack lasts for 3 minutes and can be looted for swords at any time. 30 minute cooldown.
- Fool's Gold
- Twilight of the Dragons: Fool's Gold
- Looks like low-level candle-hungry kobolds.
- Item summons a mineral node of fool's gold, which any character can "mine" to get a temporary pet.
- The node lasts 5 minutes and has a 30 minute cooldown.
- The temporary pets last 10 minutes or until dismissed, replaced, rezoning, or character death.
- Pets do not count towards vanity pet total.
|Unfortunately, there are no permanent vanity pet equivalents of this iconic mob.|
- Goblin Gumbo Kettle
- Fires of Outland: Goblin Gumbo
- Creates a kettle of spicy Goblin Gumbo. 30 minute cooldown.
- The dropped kettle lasts 3 minutes and can be looted an unlimited amount of times.
- Players loot Goblin Gumbo, that makes you belch green breath for five minutes.
- The belching effect will remove your Well Fed buff--so don't use it in a raid.
|The jugglers at the Darkmoon Faire and Midsummer Festival blow similar-looking breaths of fire. You can replicate the effect with Fiery Festival Brew, a Midsummer Festival reward.|
|No in-game equivalent, but abilities like can mimic some weather effects for screenshots.|
|Another creepy alternative to Basic Campfire is Little Wickerman, from Hallow's End.|
- Imp in a Ball
- Through the Dark Portal: Fortune Telling
- Looks like a magic 8 ball--glowing and green. Makes the same noise as a warlock summoning an Imp. 30 sec cooldown.
- The imp in the ball shakes up and down for a few seconds, and then announces a fortune.
- The imp has a huge number of possible humorous responses--check out a long list of them here.
|The Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, a Nerubian Archaeology artifact, whispers the player when clicked on. There's a large amount of possible creepy sayings: some are recorded here.|
- Instant Statue Pedestal
- Wrathgate: Statue Generator
- "Heroic Statue" pedestal auto-mounts character when placed and activated.
- Character on pedestal grows 50% in size and assumes a "flex" pose. All other disguises are removed.
- Nearby characters hear cheering when character is on the pedestal.
- Character remains on pedestal for up to 5 minutes; pedestal on 30 minute cooldown.
- Deepstone Oil, made by Alchemists, freezes players (mounted and unmounted) and tints them olive.
- Winterfall Firewater, gone for most of Cataclysm, has returned in 4.3 and can be farmed in Winterspring. It increases your size, as well as Darkmoon Firewater, found in Sealed Crate fished off the shores of the Darkmoon Faire.
- Swift White Steed is the closest white pony for Alliance, but it's armored. Quel'dorei Steed is another Alliance white pony from the Argent Tournament.
- You can shrink your character and mount by consuming Pygmy Oil, made by alchemists. Each stack will reduce your size, and 8 stacks will turn you into a gnome.
|Similar to the older TCG version: Carved Ogre Idol|
No in-game equivalent.
- Paint Bomb
- Icecrown: Paint Bomb
- Throw at targeted enemy players to coat them in green paint.
- Paint lasts up to 15 minutes, can be removed in water.
- Receive a stack of 50 when code is redeemed; stacks up to 250.
|Disgusting Oozeling's aura turns the player a similar shade of green.|
- Paper Flying Machine Kit
- March of the Legion: Paper Airplane
- The kit creates a Paper Flying Machine, which can be thrown to a friendly player. On 30 sec cooldown.
- The Flying Machine has a minimum range, so players will need to move back to toss it.
- Can stack up to 5 Paper Flying Machines. Lasts 30 minutes in inventory.
- The Flying Machine will loop and swerve when reaching the player--a fun game is to constantly keep moving and see how long the airplane can chase you.
- Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E.
- Drums of War: Slashdance
- Throw a Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E. ("Goblinoid Resonant Electro-Neural Automatic Dancing Emitter") in the middle of a crowd to cause a dance explosion and party!
- Nearby players get showered in confetti and receive a 1 minute buff causing them to dance.
- Card is redeemed for 100 grenades; can stack up to 250.
- This item is perfect for druids, although all casters can temporarily get the visual effect from Blessed Defender of Nordrassil as part of the Dragonwrath chain.
- Mylune's Call has a similar feel--it summons flowers, butterflies, and green grass. 50 min cooldown.
- Dalaran Firework is mailed to players upon hitting level 80.
- There are numerous other fireworks and smoke flares available through Engineering, the Darkmoon Faire, the Lunar Festival, and firework vendors.
|In 4.3, the Darkmoon Faire now sells Sandbox Tigers as well--Darkmoon "Tiger" for 1 Darkmoon Prize Ticket. These resemble the orange Swift Zulian Tiger, no longer obtainable in-game.|
|No in-game equivalent.|
|No in-game counterpart, but there are plenty of other ways to annoy players in PvP.|
- War Party Hitching Post
- War of the Elements: War Party Hitching Post
- Summons a hitching post that grouped players can use to summon a temporary ground mount.
- Mount lasts until dismount and adjusts to your highest land riding skill.
- Lasts 3 minutes, has 30 minute cooldown.
- Riding skill required to use temporary mount.
- Does not count towards mount total.
- Mount resembles an unarmored pony.
|Alliance can purchase Mountain Horse and Swift Mountain Horse from Astrid Langstrump.|
|Pet biscuits have gotten much easier to get in MoP. Magical Pet Biscuit is a Children's Week reward, can drop in satchels for pet battles, and will be sold on the Timeless Isle in 5.4|
|Gryphon Hatchling || ||$25|
|Wind Rider Cub || ||$25|
|Moonkin Egg || ||$10/10€|
|Pandaren Monk || ||$10/10€|
|Lil' Phylactery || ||$10/10€|
|Lil' Ragnaros || ||$10/10€|
|Lil' XT || ||$10/10€|
|Guardian Cub || |
- Summons Guardian Cub
- Flying, Breed 3 (B/B)]
- Abilities: Slicing Wind, Roar, Reckless Strike, Onyx Bite, Wild Winds, Cyclone
- Blizzard tried something new with this pet--it could be sold on the AH. With caged pets being sold in MoP, this isn't anything special now.
- "Still a little clumsy, this tiny winged lion is learning how to be the best mount it can be!"
|Cenarion Hatchling || ||$10/10€|
|Soul of the Aspects || ||$10/10€|
|Cinder Kitten || ||$10/10€|
|Blossoming Ancient || |
- Summons Blossoming Ancient
- Elemental, Breed 3 (B/B)
- Changes appearance based on seasons
- "This budding ancient is a unique variety in Azeroth, created from the ever-living branches of the Great Tree, and can bloom in any season."
|BlizzCon 2005, purchase details here|
- Murloc Costume
- Turns you into a murloc with unique animations!
- Disguise breaks when damage is taken or you cast a spell.
- Grants the Feat of Strength Murloc Costume
|BlizzCon 2007, purchase details here|
- Big Blizzard Bear
- Summons a polar bear mount with a murloc waving the Blizzard flag!
- This was one of the first account-wide mounts.
- Grants the Feat of Strength Big Blizzard Bear
|BlizzCon 2008, purchase details here|
|BlizzCon 2009, purchase details here|
|BlizzCon 2010, purchase details here|
| ||BlizzCon 2011, purchase details here|
| ||Original WoW Collector's Edition|
| ||Original WoW Collector's Edition|
| ||Original WoW Collector's Edition|
| ||Burning Crusade Collector's Edition|
| ||Burning Crusade Collector's Edition: EU-only|
| ||Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition|
| ||Cataclysm Collector's Edition|
| ||Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition|
| ||Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition|
| ||Diablo III Collector's Edition|
|Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition|
| ||Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition|