Imfiredup has competed in both of the Mythic Dungeon Invitationals on the global stages. He also competes at a high level in both Raids and Mythic+ Dungeon content. You can check more of his Mage content on his Youtube
channels. If you have further questions, try to catch him while he is streaming or by messaging him on Discord (Imfiredup#4170).
This build takes advantage of Comet Storm
's area of effect burst every 30 seconds. This build will shine in single target, large pulls, and lower keys.
This build's main focus is taking advantage of Splitting Ice
to cleave down packs of mobs. This set of talents will output the most damage by far for sustained 2 target cleave. This build will also perform better than the Comet Storm
build on a medium sized pack (4-5 enemies) that lives for a considerable amount of time.
This build's focus is only to do a lot of damage on big pulls. With the help of Freezing Rain
, you are able to keep multiple Frozen Orb
s out at all times on big pulls. The downside of this build is that you will do very low damage in single target situations in comparison to the other two builds. You can also substitute Glacial Spike
for Thermal Void
if you want more consistent damage throughout the dungeon.
As a Frost Mage, we don't have a trait that is best in all situations. This means that if we choose to go "all in" with strong single traits, that we will be lacking in AoE situations, vice versa. Due to exponentially growing costs of Azerite reforging, it is unreasonable to constantly swap Azerite traits to what is best for a specific Dungeon. I recommend picking a set of traits that will be best for the majority of Dungeons at the beginning of every week.
Ring 1Frequently Used
- Archive of the Titans - This trait always gives flat damage to all of your abilities. Very strong for Frost's playstyle, but will fall behind on single target when compared to Flash Freeze. Also stronger than sims may suggest since you usually go into a pull with some Archive of the Titans stacks.
- Flash Freeze - Currently Frost's best single target trait in dungeons by far. Very powerful for Tyrannical weeks and Dungeons with a lot of priority mobs. If you are using Splitting Ice, this trait is almost required.
- Whiteout - Helpful for getting Frozen Orb get back off cooldown. Loses a lot of value if you ever are holding Frozen Orb for the next pull.
- Unstable Catalyst - Acts as a weaker Rune of Power. Can be strong if procced in the right situation, but is unreliable and restricts movement.
- Packed Ice - Can be useful to do a lot of priority damage during big pulls. If you plan on pulling a lot of trash on to bosses, this trait will be very strong.
- Frigid Grasp - Only strong if your group is playing around your Icy Veins cooldown (only doing big pulls every 3 minutes). This trait falls behind quickly outside of cooldowns, making it a risky choice.