Location: Shadowmoon Valley
View Map Location
Gara is a Spirit Beast
introduced in Warlords of Draenor. She is being plagued by the void and it's up to us to save her. To tame her, you must go through an extensive questline and at the end, you'll have a chance to tame her!How to Tame:
Location: Halls of Valor
- Venture to the Burial fields in Shadowmoon Valley. At the southern end of the field is a grave site with a spirit wolf named Gara. You must be in Beast Mastery spec as you approach her. Doing so will trigger a conversation asking you to scratch her ears. This triggers the next step.
- Gara will ask you to retrieve some Shadowberrys which can be found by killing Mother Om'ra, a rare spawn located on the northern end of the field. Make your way back to Gara with the berries and speak to her again.
- Now you'll need to put together a Spirit Effigy and place it near Gara at a disturbed grave (which will not appear until after you've created the effigy). Each item needed for the effigy drops from a different mob, and this entails traveling across all of Draenor.
Crude Effigy - Drywind Bonepicker in Gorgrond
- Torn Cloth - Necrophyte in Frostfire Ridge.
- Ancient Bone - Thunderlord Giantslayer - Specifically those at Grom'gar in Frostfire Ridge.
- Small Fruit - Warsong Marauder in Nagrand.
- Elder Incense - Sethekk Prophet in Spires of Arak.
- Wooden Bowl - Gorebound Legionnaire Legionnaire in Talador.
- Once the effigy has been created & placed, you'll need to find a Void Lantern. These drop off of Shadowmoon Voidtwisters at the Pillars of Fate in Shadowmoon Valley. They will ONLY drop after you have completed the previous steps. Upon use, you will get a 60 min buff called Void Lantern that will "partially phase you" into the void realm.
- Once you get the lantern, head over to Great Tree Valuundira in Shadowmoon Valley while the lantern's buff is active. Look around the trunk of the tree for a hole; inside will be a Shadowmoon Voidblade. Click on it and you will be fully phased into the Void Realm.
- You must kill the Elder Voidcallers and/or Elder Void Lords while in the void realm until Xan appears. Kill him, tame Gara and you're done!
View Map Location
is a challenge tame that was added in Legion. Hunters had to clear and kill Fenryr in the Halls of Valor on Mythic difficulty. The catch here is that they had to do this solo. This means that you can not enter the instance with anyone else to help you. In Battle for Azeroth, this feat is fairly simple since we have gained 10 levels and now out gear it, but during Legion, this was a very hard task for most players. I recommend doing this as a Beast Mastery Hunter (although Fenryr is not an exotic beast and can be tamed and used in any spec).How to Tame:
- Travel to the Halls of Valor dungeon in the southeast of Stormheim. Enter the instance on Mythic (not heroic, not normal and not in Mythic+).
- Killing the trash is optional. You may skip it using Camouflage or by using Feign Death.
- Kill the first boss, Hymdall. It is a fairly easy fight. Be sure to use Primal Rage, keep Mend Pet rolling. Don't stand in the swirling blades and dodge the waves of lightning breath along with the tornadoes.
- Make your way to Fenryr's corridor on the right-hand side. Engage Fenryr at his first location. When he reaches 60% health, he will scurry away to the far cave.
- Follow Fenryr to the second cave. There he will be licking his wounds. Engage him in combat once more. Use Primal Rage, Mend Pet and burn him down as fast as possible. Be sure to use Misdirection on the adds as they spawn.
- Once you have downed Fenryr, a tameable non-hostile version of him will spawn in the cave! Dismiss your current pet and tame away!