The combo is built around Masterful Instincts
and Lively Spirit
. Two Azerite traits that grant you a bunch of stats. The thing that makes it all work, is that those traits are active even when you change your specialization. They are not nerfed in PvP if you stack them up before you enter PvP combat.
Important to know, is there are really few chestpieces with this trait setup. I had to go back to Blackwater Behemoth
to get a chest from him!
Thanks to our stats being increased by this, we choose to use low ilvl gear on most other slots, to increase our damage from PvP scaling by about 50%.
If you were to have access to Corruptions (which I didn't) using good ilvl gear filled with Masterful would probably give you more DMG.
Haste is really important for this combo, we need a lot of haste both to stack up our Lively Spirit
, while also having a low GCD on our Starsurge
I used a set with as much haste as I could get (about 30%) and also the Tol Dagor haste trinket, Ignition Mage's Fuse
. Mallet of Thunderous Skins
is a reusable Leatherworking Drum. This was a necessity. Because no other drums are able to persist through changing Specialization.
We also need to quickly fill up our Astral Power when we respec into Balance. We are going to use an old Tomb of Sargeras set bonus (Item - Druid T20 Balance 2P Bonus
) that makes us reach 130 total Astral Power and boost our crit dmg by 30%. Whenever this set bonus is activated, you instantly gain 30 Astral Power. Then we use Celestial Alignment
for 40 more Astral Power.
We are going to swap our talent into Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
to be able to use our main cooldown AGAIN which will grant us another 40 Astral Power.
We then finally use Force of Nature
and Fury of Elune
(on any NPC) this will make us reach 130 Astral Power as well as obtaining 10 additional Astral Power over 2 seconds. Which is perfect since the GCD cap makes 3 Starsurge
s take 2.25 seconds in total.
We just need to be lucky and get 1 Memory of Lucid Dreams
proc to have enough Astral Power to use a 4th Starsurge
Then finally we obtain Rocket Boots Xtreme
as well as Yaungol Wind Chime
to make us move almost as fast as our Starsurge
s (so they arrive as close to each other as possible).Full Combo:
- Be in Guardian or Feral spec and use Survival Instincts, Tome of the Tranquil Mind and then swap into Restoration
- When you are Restoration, use Innervate, Mallet of Thunderous Skins and spam Rejuvenation.
- After you gotten your Lively Spirit stacks, swap into Balance spec.
- Now you use Celestial Alignment, followed by talent swap and use Incarnation: Chosen of Elune. Then you swap into your Tomb of Sargeras set bonus as well as low ilvl gear (if you are going for PvP scaling)
- Force of Nature, Fury of Elune on an NPC, then Blood of the Enemy, Rocket Boots Xtreme, spam Starsurges and your stun trinket to rush anyone down! Also pray for a crit, since they will do MASSIVE damage with Blood of the Enemy along with the Tomb of Sargeras set bonus.